Coming from someone who always ate meat growing up, and I do mean always, I never thought I’d be the type of person be a vegetarian. I thought people who were vegetarian were missing out on so much. In this certain scenario, I’m so happy I was wrong!
One morning, my boyfriend and I decided we’d try cutting out all meat for a whole month. I had been feeling extremely full after eating and thought maybe eliminating meat would help detoxify my body and get rid of that feeling of heaviness. I thought it was going be extremely difficult but after the first week, I was hooked! Cut to five months later, I have more energy, I’m sleeping better and feel I’m doing something great for my body and dare I go as far to say the planet…?
I don’t want to go full on pusher mode, since we’re all new here and would only consider us acquaintances, but when you think about the abuse inflicted on these animals their entire life for just 20 minutes (or if you’re like my boyfriend, 5 minutes) of satisfaction while eating, it puts a burger into a much different light. Like a fluorescent light that no body wants anything to do with.
Now obviously this is just my opinion and you can fully disagree, but one of the many things I found SO beneficial from cutting out meat was the improvement of my skin! I know first hand that when your skin isn’t clear or acting up, it can be paralyzing and can get in the way of your happiness and confidence! Since this new diet change, I’ve noticed my skin is a lot clearer and might I even say glows.
On January 1st of this year I have started transitioning into veganism and I am so excited to share and try out new recipes for you guys! It’s easier when you look veganism as a life style. Therefore, if you’re craving meat or cheese, go for it! Life’s no fun without indulgence, just do it in moderation.
Word of advice, start to educate yourself more on the cruelty of the animals and the shocking truths of how bad meat and dairy products actually are for us! You could hop on this journey with me or just give vegetarian or pescatarianism a try and see how it goes! *spoiler alert – you’ll most likely feel a lot better and happier x
LIST OF VEGAN & VEGETARIAN RESTAURANTS IN LA I LOVE
- Crossroads – a little more on the expensive side but my favorite romantic date spot. Just have a guy take you there for a date, or hell you take the guy out and treat him! It’s 2018, we’re progressive here!
- Veggie Grill – one of my favorite restaurants, try the buffalo wings yuuum
- Chipotle – their sofritas are great and made out of tofu!
- Umami – the impossible burger is a great fix for that desire to bite into a burger and the patty is far from a let down! it even looks like meat, which kind of freaks me out. Definitely one of my favorite cheat meals
- Ramen Jinya – the creamy spicy vegan ramen is to die for and is my favorite cold weather meal – tip: also great for curing hangovers
- Sun Cafe – fully plant based and their Mac n cheese is killer
- Cafe Gratitude – try the cool shake mmm