Lifestyle Style

Oh To Get Dressed

February 15, 2018

I’m back! I went completely MIA for a few days there and missed my two blog posts I had planned on writing! Yay, off to a great start for this blog! Eric and I decided we were in desperate need of a last minute get away so we booked a flight to Mexico and said adios to America, as one does. It was such a nice quick trip, too quick if you ask me. I had completely turned off my mind, didn’t bring out my camera once and brought my phone out only one day. I was so bummed because I wanted to get blog posts for what to pack and all my outfits, but when I got there I knew I needed to just disconnect. So selfish of me. However, I am very excited because I have an eleven day trip coming up at the end of March and I cannot wait to do that trip right and show you everything it is I bring and do when I go on a trip.

As for this blog post though, I wanted to talk about something I usually have an issue with, and that is GETTING DRESSED. Have you ever tried to get dressed and it just WILL. NOT. WORK?! This happens to me at least every other month and usually when it does I just give up and end up cancelling my plans for where I was going in the first place. All because I can’t commit to an outfit. Commitment issues, am I right? But then I started to really think about why that is and where is stems from. Here’s what I’ve gathered.

If you can’t pin point what exactly is the problem with your outfit, it probably isn’t your outfit. It’s your state of mind. whaaattt! Some days we just don’t feel good for whatever reason(s) and it makes it difficult to feel confident and attractive. Personally, it manifests in me changing a million times. But then I realized if you just take a second to sit down, breathe and meditate, it’ll slow you down and help you think clearer. And if you’re saying “but sometimes I’m in a rush and I don’t have any time to pause” then oh boy. Let me tell you, if you don’t have 5 minutes to bring yourself back to reality/sanity, then nothing you’ll do proceeding will matter because it’s not coming from a place of self love and respect! You’ll be stuck in that frenzy and it’ll follow you like a shadow.

I had a moment a couple weeks ago where I got so frustrated that my boyfriend had to literally drag me out of the house so I would stop changing. He probably couldn’t tell past my eye rolls and little passive aggressive remarks that had followed 5 minutes after, but I actually ended up being so grateful! Sometimes we need someone to just drag us out of that trap but if you’re alone, you have to be able to do that for you. When we realize that our weight, looks and materialistic things don’t even compare the beauty of our hearts that shine through more than any stupid outfit, we can let go of the idea we sometimes cling so hard to! Don’t let social media or people around you make you believe there’s a specific image of beauty because there isn’t! Beauty is feeling confident and being kind and patient to your body and your soul.

I can’t stress enough how important that is to do. It’s obviously a lot easier said than done, but if/when you’re in that panicked state of mind, try out this approach and see if it works for you. Let me know if it does or any other tricks you have. Or if this even happens to you at all! Oh no, am I alone in this? That’s so isolating. Okay, I’m talking to myself now, leave comments if you’ve had experiences similar to this!

*tip – a glass of wine mid outfit panic attack can also be great help to ease the craziness!

i fap a lot
    February 15, 2018 at 12:14 pm

more sexy pics plz

Stella ❤️
    February 15, 2018 at 12:20 pm

Common post some more hot pics pls we wanna see you

February 15, 2018 at 12:22 pm

Try different outfits and underwear pls

February 15, 2018 at 2:44 pm

Okay ^^ Creep. Lol anyways, Stella I love this post because I can TOTALLY relate! I get so frustrated trying to figure out what to wear or when I already have an outfit planned and I don’t end up liking it. What I do is.. drink wine while getting ready! Puts me in a way better mood!
    Thanks for the tips! ♥️

i fap a lot
      February 16, 2018 at 6:44 pm

how is he a creep. we want to see this fine ass woman dressed sexy is that too much to ask?

February 15, 2018 at 3:01 pm

This happens to me alllll the time.
    Your are right, it all has to do with the day’s confidence and even feeling that I might not look as good as IG models and that is just so silly to me though it still crosses my mind unfortunately. Taking a moment to clear the mind and self love is soo relevant when getting ready. Glad to know I’m not the only one. Thank you for this post girl, much love
    PS I love your outfits

February 15, 2018 at 3:39 pm

Very helpful I can relate! I’ve been in a rut since I started fashion school at FIDM, reading that gave me a little more motivation to dress like I used to again!

February 15, 2018 at 7:13 pm

wow I love you for sharing this <3

February 15, 2018 at 7:16 pm

Thanks for the tips Stella !

February 15, 2018 at 9:14 pm

Stella, this is well said! You are definitely not the only one, I have gone through a million outfits before leaving the house more times than I would like to admit 😂 Self love is so important especially with the insecurities that come along with social media nowadays. Inner beauty is a girl’s best accessory. 💜

Sheena Sreekeessoon
    February 16, 2018 at 11:53 am

Completely understand what you’re saying, I feel like I’m going to have to book myself a break soon. As well as the change on scenery and change in your daily routine, it’s just nice to treat yourself; relax yourself and enable your mind to just switch off. Hope you have a fab time away in March! x

February 16, 2018 at 5:52 pm

Personally I think women should have a GO-TO outfit. Just like when your hungry and you go to your favorite TO-GO fast-food or restaurant when you cannot decide what to eat. You know the outfit that everyone gives you the best compliments.If that cute little airline stewardess outfit looks good on you with a pair nice business heels then just go with that one. Can’t lose there.

February 16, 2018 at 6:39 pm

February 16, 2018 at 8:45 pm

I literally just did this trying to plan a pool outfit for my trip to Palm Springs tomorrow! I never imagined you had this problem! I loveeee your style and would like to see how you put pieces together! Xx

February 17, 2018 at 7:10 pm

I’ve definitely been there before! It always seems to happen on “one of those days” so I think you are totally right when you say it’s your state of mind!!
    Brianna |

Pricilla Figueroa
    February 19, 2018 at 5:57 am

Thank you for post ! I could relate to this so much. It made me feel better to know that I’m not alone. ily💘

February 21, 2018 at 1:30 pm

that does happen to me a lot

March 3, 2018 at 12:36 am

waitingg on ur next post girl

March 7, 2018 at 11:11 am