Health + Wellness

Juggling Life

March 10, 2018

Recently I’ve been thinking a lot on how to juggle different aspects of my life. As of late it seems as though my friendships, career, relationship to myself and others have been struggling due to mismanagement. How do we balance the things we need and want to do? I have a bad tendency of being an extreme procrastinator (the first step is admitting, right?) and uncomfortably often I’ll wait till the last minute to get things done. It’s crazy to me that I know I can avoid the anxiety and stress if I just put time aside to work on whatever it is that needs to be done, BUT I DON’T? But hey, I’m not perfect and as much as I strive for perfection, I’m smart enough to know it’s impossible.

Now, I don’t have an answer to fix all our problems of curing chronic procrastination. This is more of a rant and open conversation to at least acknowledge the fact that it exists but it doesn’t have to rule us. This past week or so has been a very aggressive emotional rollercoaster for me for personal reasons and in those moments of stress, I feel as though I’m completely falling apart. I’ll want to lay in bed rather than go to my prior obligation, but then I’ll rush and be late and set a horrible tone for the rest of the day. Even thinking about it makes me nauseous. Granted, this isn’t the case every day but when it happens, it’s easy to set yourself up for an emotionally abusive conversation with yourself. Biiiiig no no.

The relationship that always comes first is the relationship with yourself. I’ve learned this the hard way and continue to learn it every day. No matter how hard we work for the relationship, body or job opportunity we desperately want, if we aren’t tending carefully to our core needs, our pursuit is less likely to succeed healthily. (Does that make any sense? Sometimes my rants feel more like rambles.) Obviously often times we have to push past our fears and do the things that scare us, which isn’t the most comfy feeling, but not having your mind and heart in the right place will always leave you needing more.

The way I try my best to juggle life and it’s craziness is by living in complete gratitude. I know this topic could easily make me sound jaded being that issues of mismanagement aren’t the worst issues to have, especially with the issues that are happening in the world right now, but not handling them correctly can lead to a farrrr worse problem. I think we get stuck trying to abide by an idea of our perfect life that’s too unrealistic for even US to fit in. Being the occasional type A that I am, I’ve devised an outline of priorities in my journal that I think will help me from going anymore insane. Hopefully this will help put things in a different perspective for you.

1. Treating myself with the respect and love I expect and give the ones I love will help prioritize my well being. I am the one who has to live with myself every second of every day, so I may as well be kind and mindful of what I truly need. A small dose of selfishness is good for the soul. I will not be afraid to openly voice the things I need to continue living in peaceful harmony with myself.
  2. Work is important, there’s no doubt there, but one day I’ll be retired, old and only partially wrinkly (one can hope) and the friendships I hold closely to my heart now will be the things that’ll last forever. I’ll take risks, work really fucking hard and prioritize my work life, but I won’t let that stop me from taking a moment to appreciate the beautiful souls in my life and make time for them. There is always time for the ones who show you unshakeable love and loyalty.
  3. If I don’t get things done in time, there isn’t anything I can do about it except strive to have a different outcome next time. I’ll take the lessons I’ve learned, apply them, then let them go. All they are are lessons, they don’t need to be burdens. BE GONE BURDENS.
  4. The decisions I’ve made in the past all have led me to here. Through all the procrastination, laziness, determination and hard work I’ve put in, THIS is my current situation and I am happy! Clearly what ever is meant to happen will happen, but from here on out I’m changing my approach and moving forward with a different attack plan that doesn’t include procrastination or frustration with myself. Only love, forgiveness, patience and a lot of hard work.

How do you balance your life? HAVE A TETE-A-TETE WITH ME & leave your thoughts in the comments below! ♥

Claudia Vader
    March 10, 2018 at 3:59 pm

I like your writing style! xx

Nadya santos
    March 10, 2018 at 4:13 pm

Putting yourself first is SOOOOOOOOO important!! I needed this THANK YOU💖💖💖💖💖 i agree i agree! Needed this!!

stella
      March 10, 2018 at 6:11 pm

You’re welcome!!! So happy you could take something away from this. Xx

Meriem
    March 10, 2018 at 4:27 pm

I feel you Stella. With all my love from France

Anjelica
    March 10, 2018 at 5:21 pm

Can I just say this post was a blessing? I had an anxiety attack last week due to my overwhelmnes with school, work, family, and social life. It’s nice to know, someone like you, can go through the same thing. Keep shining, Stella, and thank you for this ✨

stella
      March 10, 2018 at 6:11 pm

So glad this could resonate with you! Keep your head up! Xx

Hannah
    March 10, 2018 at 5:26 pm

I know how this feels I’ve been struggling for a while and people tend to put pressure on me because I’m trying to balance everything out

Edith
    March 10, 2018 at 6:41 pm

You have no idea how much I needed to read this! I’d felt like that not once nor twice. Thank you for opening up to us and showing us how strong you are and how much we can relate to you in a very sensitive level. love you girl, keep killing it! X

Zaira
    March 10, 2018 at 6:57 pm

I needed this so much… todays been a rough day, this whole week has been. I feel like I’m to hard on myself. And reading this gave me a push, I need to learn to love myself. Thank you so much for this.

stella
      March 13, 2018 at 11:38 pm

Anytime, glad I could help. Makes me so happy! Xx

Priscilla
    March 10, 2018 at 8:14 pm

Lovely, so relatable and helpful to know how others feel about things like this especially people who are serious about helping themselves and others 💕

Isabel
    March 10, 2018 at 8:55 pm

This is just what I needed to read today. Due to an uncomfortable living situation, I’ve been stressed, anxious and procrastinating more than usual. I needed the remainder to put myself first and remember the big picture. Thanks for the post ✨

Jennifer
    March 10, 2018 at 10:58 pm

I needed to read something like this after having a stressful week! Thank you for your honest thoughts and for sharing your personal experiences. 🙂

Ana
    March 10, 2018 at 11:01 pm

Hi Stella☺. Thank you for this post. I’m my worst critic when it comes to personal and professional goals. My job is very demanding, and so emotionally draining at times, thank you for reminding me self love and self time is essential for the soul. I need it to be my best self for me and for the ones I love. 💕

stella
      March 13, 2018 at 11:37 pm

You’re welcome, and thank you for the kind words. It means a lot xx

Flami
    March 10, 2018 at 11:10 pm

Every time I read a post of yours I always end up saying that you basically are my conscience… it’s incredible!! I really needed to read this. Thank you so much ❤️

Jude
    March 11, 2018 at 7:59 am

Thank you Stella for bringing me back to life, giving me purpose and inspiring me to stop procrastinating. you are my Joan of Arc.

Katiana
    March 11, 2018 at 4:33 pm

i should start reading this list every day so it gets stuck in my head. i’m always so worried and anxious because of college and my relationships with people that i always end up feeling like crap. this has helped me see that what i was doing is not healthy for me and i need to change that and put that little bit of selfishness into my soul.

Choki
    March 11, 2018 at 9:45 pm

I’ve been reading your blogs as soon as you put up the website. I am completely obsessed! I’ve always loved you since I was in high school, and It’s so cool to see a more personal side of you. Keep writing! <3

stella
      March 13, 2018 at 11:37 pm

Aww, thank you so much! Your support means the world xx

Brittanie
    March 12, 2018 at 8:36 pm

Late to the read, but better late than never right? Haha (:
    Been stressing myself the past few days and giving myself anxiety over little things. Especially with managing everything with so much time in a day. From managing college, work, time with boyfriend/family/friends, to getting a little work out in. Thank you for the tips, still working on the putting my self first once in awhile part. Can’t wait for your next blog! xoxo

stella
      March 13, 2018 at 11:36 pm

It’s a never ending process but if we all do it together and try our best we can make some type of progress! Thanks for all your support Xx

Raimie
    March 18, 2018 at 9:18 am

My goodness! I feel this way about my writing career, procrastination easily leaves to self hate. As long as we know we are doing are best that’s all that counts right?

Lauri Wright
    March 20, 2018 at 6:13 am

It’s amazing how everyday presents challenges for our well being, as I struggle to prioritize which is more important to move forward with at that moment, its nice to read someone else’s perspective in hopes that it can help me become a better me and not leave me, myself and I in the dust of confusion. Thanks Stella for sharing (=

Ari
    April 2, 2018 at 2:26 pm

I love this Stella!! Your blog is so inspiring, and I would love to read more about how you stay fit too!

Tess
    April 6, 2018 at 10:34 pm

I’ve actually been going through a lot myself lately and this was so helpful! I’m starting to really understand that putting yourself first and taking care of yourself is going to benefit every other relationship you have! Thanks Stella! ;* xoxo

BRUCE
    April 13, 2018 at 7:48 am

Is that journal done on loose-leaf or a spiral notebook?

jessica (@Jessica_Garmon)
    May 28, 2018 at 6:16 pm

I love this!

Elodie
    November 9, 2018 at 6:19 am

That is exactly what has been going through my life lately ! (sorry I’m kinda late to the party)
    I agree 100% with what you said. I think making us a priority is huge. We sometimes get frustrated because we don’t have what we want or things are not going our way. But the thing is, even if we get those things we will not appreciate them fully because there’s an inner conflict going on. Also, it is so easy to put pression on ourselves and think we HAVE to have everything figured out RIGHT NOW and get our shit together otherwise we are.. well.. shit. But it’s actually okay to be confused or being unmotivated sometimes. It just means you have to course correct what you’re trying to achieve ! I truly believe it makes us stronger !

Great one, congrats ! 🙂