Travel

Napa Getaway

June 3, 2018

Over Memorial Day weekend Eric and I had planned a road trip to Napa for Bottle Rock! It was our first time at that festival and we had so much fun. It was also both of our first times in Napa which completely exceeded my expectations. It was lush and romantic and the wineeee… so much wine. We didn’t get to go to any wineries since the festival took up most of our time and we were staying in Saint Helena at Las Alcobas which was about 30 minutes away from the venue.

I absolutely fell in love with Napa and am already planning a trip back for a wine-tasting filled excursion. At Bottle Rock our favorites were Earth Wind and Fire ( I mean, how could you not have the best time?!), Billy Idol (although him shirtless the entire time was something I could’ve lived without seeing but hey, free everyones nipple), The Killers (such a throwback to 13 year old Stella rocking out) and Bruno Mars. It was super crowded which kind of threw my anxiety of large crowds through the roof but we made the best of our situation!

If you ever find yourself in Napa Valley make sure you check out the town in Saint Helena. It’s super small and very easy to miss but they had so many cute little trinkets and home good items in the stores. We ate at a ton of super random restaurants because we were exhausted every night after the festival but I gotta say, I am so impressed at how all the restaurants had amazing vegetarian options! We had two impossible burgers while we were there. Obsessed much?

On our way home, Eric took me to Solvang which is a little town just past Santa Barbara that’s basically a year round Christmas/Denmark/magical place. I was dying the whole time at how freaking cute it was. They had Christmas shops, amazing little ice cream parlors and the cutest Danish themed restaurants.

But before we stopped in Solvang he took me to a little place called Ostrich Land. It’s exactly what you’d expect. A place… to feed… OSTRICHES. I nearly died when we walked in. They’re such funny animals and were going in on the food the same way I do every time I eat. I was having the time of my life if you can’t already tell.

I absolutely loved Napa and Solvang and can’t wait to be able to go back soon enough!

Have you ever been to Napa? Leave me your favorite vineyards and restaurants in the comments for my trip back!

i fap a lot
    June 3, 2018 at 12:23 pm

more sexy photoshoots pls

Maria Nikole ∞ (@xFirstBadHabit)
    June 3, 2018 at 1:46 pm

I’ve never been to Napa (live on the East Coast ugh lol) but it’s for sure on my bucket list to be able to visit some of these music festivals!!

Cristina
    June 4, 2018 at 6:56 am

I also went to Bottle Rock! I kept annoying my bf and telling him that I hoped I would get to meet you there HAHA. Anyhow, im not sure if you went to Oxbow Public Market but its a cute place that has great food! Also Castello Di Amorosa in Calistoga is a beautiful winery!

MILDRET
    June 7, 2018 at 10:42 am

That sounds really fun! And your pictures are great, they really motive you to go there.

stella
      June 10, 2018 at 1:09 pm

thank you! It was so beautiful naturally! Xx

Rhea
    June 10, 2018 at 2:27 am

Gott’s is a must! It’s a restaurant you can find in SF, Napa and St. Helena, but I recommend the one in St. Helena (it’s the original). They are known for their burgers and fries, but they now have amazing special seasonal items. And…vegetarian options. They have such a cute DOG FRIENDLY picnic atmosphere, but beware of the long lines. Bouchon bakery in Yountville, which is just a few miles away from St. Helena has amazing French Macarons. Bottega is also a great restaurant (fine dining) with GOOD food and wine, which is across from Bouchon. Lucy restaurant is a small, pricier and more private restaurant that is part of a hotel. This place has really great brunch options and a cute garden just outside. Boonfly Cafe in Napa has some great weekend brunch items as well, and it looks like a cool looking barn! Other yummy restaurants I tried around Napa Valley are ZuZu (tapas restaurant), Farmstead (American), Archetype (fusion), Ca’ Momi (Italian), Brix (French), Mustards Grill (fusion), R+D Kitchen (fusion), Rutherford Grill (American), and Ottimo (Italian).

V. Sattui is a popular winery with a nice shop (to buy picnic food, wine, desert) and cute picnic grounds, but usually crowded on the weekends. Charles Krug is the oldest winery in Napa and home to California’s first tasting room. This one is less crowded and has a small restaurant inside and picnic grounds. The Hall is a winery with cool displays of modern art, a great view of the vineyards in the back where you can lounge and drink wine, and some games in another wine tasting area (large jenga, bocce ball, bean bag toss) where you can also bring your dog. Castello di Amorosa is a Tuscan castle and winery with a moat and farm animals, but has become extremely popular/crowded. The Oxbow Market and the Gott’s in Napa are popular as well and can become crowded on weekends as they are quite small. Robert Mondavi, Sterling, and Beringer are other great wineries.
    The Culinary Institute of America at the border of St. Helena and Calistoga is another place you can visit.

stella
      June 10, 2018 at 1:10 pm

these are such amazing recommendations! thank you so much, i’ll keep it all in mind for when I get to go back! Xx

Bruce
    June 13, 2018 at 5:27 am

Sounds expensive and costly. Where you need to take out a bank loan to go there.